COVID Precautions in Dentistry
Our top priority is always everyone’s health, safety and well-being.
Infection controls and universal precautions protect patients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, Dr. Makhoul, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Makhoul and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Makhoul and our entire team follow and sometimes exceed procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
In addition to our existing robust infection control measures which we have implemented since 1983 and which include:
- Disinfectant hand soap and sanitizers
- Gloves, gowns, face shields and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment and instruments before every use
- Disposable materials
P.S: We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
Professional, Gentle Dental Care in Mission Viejo
Call EM Makhoul DDS - Dentist of Mission Viejo Phone Number (949) 364-3724 to book near Laguna Niguel & Ladera Ranch CA.Book OnlinePatient RegistrationDriving Directions
We have added the following protective measures:
1) A giant extra-oral dental suction system machine, called PAX2000, in every operatory during treatment. This machine is FDA certified to suction the aerosol generated during treatment. It has a medical grade HEPA filtration system, a Plasma filtration system, a precise water vapor filtration system and a medical grade internal UV light disinfectant system.
2) Medical grade true HEPA purifier machines with a visible UV light disinfectant system in the reception room, the hallway and every operatory,
3) In creating an easier environment to disinfect, the reception room will be void of magazines and plants, and it will have fewer chairs and tables. People will be able to easily sit more than 6 feet apart. However, as we usually run on time, it is extremely rare for us to have more than 1 patient at a time in the reception room. In addition, once you have arrived, we may ask you to wait in your car until the time of your appointment (whatever makes the most sense for your safety at the time).
4) We no longer offer blankets or headphones as they are difficult to disinfect properly, so we ask our patients to bring a jacket or sweater and their own headphones or earpieces.
5) And much more such as a special questionnaire, a non contact thermometer, a disinfectant rinse before treatment, etc.
So just follow our lead when you’re with us and you will be protected from the time you walk in till the moment you walk out.
We believe that the best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
We hope that with this page we were able to shed some light on our protocol and if you have any questions on this or any other subject, please always feel free to ask.