Dental Implants Mission Viejo CA
- Why Choose Teeth-In-A-Day™ Dental Implants?
- Is Missing Teeth Common?
- What is Teeth-In-A-Day™?
- Who Should Get Teeth-In-A-Day™?
- What Are the Benefits of Teeth-In-A-Day™?
- What is the Success Rate of Teeth-In-A-Day™?
- Teeth-In-A-Day™ Process at EM Makhoul DDS – Dentist of Mission Viejo
- FAQ about Teeth-In-A-Day™
Why Choose Teeth-In-A-Day™ Dental Implants?
We offer the Teeth-In-A-Day™ procedure for patients that are looking for a convenient way to replace missing teeth. If you live in the Mission Viejo area and have experienced tooth loss, we encourage you to visit our office to discuss the options available to you.
Is Missing Teeth Common?
There are distinct advantages to living in the modern world. One of these, from the dental perspective, is the ability to live without the stigma and challenges of tooth loss. According to the Periodontic Association of America, roughly 175 million people of all ages have lost one or more teeth and this number is actually expected to grow larger over time. What this has done is spurred growth in the replacement tooth industry and the revolution of dental implants. Implants are a way to get the most natural looking and behaving replacement teeth. However, the standard implant procedure is not always physically viable or convenient. In this situation, the Teeth-In-A-Day™ procedure can be a better solution.
Do You Need More Information on All-on-4 Dental Implants?
Call us EM Makhoul DDS - Dentist of Mission Viejo Phone Number (949) 364-3724 with any questions or to make an appointment.
What is Teeth-In-A-Day™?
Teeth-In-A-Day™ is a minimally invasive method of placing a full mouth of implants only using four implants to support a full arch (upper or lower) fixed non-removable replacement teeth. Teeth-In-A-Day™ allows you to have a full set of teeth without having to undergo multiple surgeries and replacements to place a full set of implants in your mouth. The greatest thing about Teeth-In-A-Day™ is that the procedure we can typically complete it in our office during one appointment under local anesthesia. For our patients who have lost all their teeth or may need to have the remaining teeth pulled due to decay, this is an amazing advancement that allows them to have a full set of teeth without undergoing multiple procedures. Simultaneously, this solution gives patients the kind of teeth that look real and act like the original teeth.
Who Should Get Teeth-In-A-Day™?
The simple answer is that anyone who has lost teeth and wants to have a permanent good-looking set of replacement teeth will benefit from dental implants. The Teeth-In-A-Day™ systems offer people a chance to live a full and healthy lifestyle by replacing the teeth with implants over removable dentures. The ideal candidate for Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants is someone who already wears dentures or is already missing multiple teeth. Additionally, this is an ideal procedure for someone that does not have the bone density to support a full set of individual implants, the time to have individual implants placed, or the budget to pay for them. The Teeth-In-A-Day™ procedure is faster and more affordable.
What Are the Benefits of Teeth-In-A-Day™?
There are several ways in which Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants are better than dentures. Patients take care of Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants in the same way they care for their natural teeth by brushing each day. The implants also operate in the same way as natural teeth, so the patient does not have to be cautious of what he or she eats. Along with the fact that patients do not have to remove Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants when eating or cleaning the teeth, there is also no need for uncomfortable wires or brackets to hold the implants in place. Even more importantly for patients, the dental implants allow anyone to eat what the heart desires. You do not have to worry about hot or cold affecting your dentures. You also can bite down with up to 70 percent more force, which allows you to eat the foods that you love. Finally, Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants look exactly like your natural teeth. No one will be able to tell that you are wearing a dental prosthetic. From a dental health perspective, it is important to note that when you have Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants, it is going to prevent bone deterioration in the jawbone and ultimately restore your facial features by fighting resorption. The process of resorption involves the implants stimulating the jaw to send a message to the body that the jaw is supporting teeth once again. Resorption will help the jawbone to regain some of the mass that it has lost previously. Many of our patients who visit our office notice a difference in their facial structure as a result.
Check out what others are saying about Dr. Makhoul and our staff:
What is the Success Rate of Teeth-In-A-Day™?
The Oral and Maxillofacial Associates state that Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants have a success rate of 98 percent. With Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants, patients have a 98 percent probability of leaving our Mission Viejo offices with a perfect set of teeth that are permanently attached to your jawbone. To discuss how successful the procedure may be for you, call EM Makhoul DDS - Dentist of Mission Viejo Phone Number (949) 364-3724.
Teeth-In-A-Day™ Process at EM Makhoul DDS - Dentist of Mission Viejo
Typically, the surgery takes approximately two hours and 30 minutes per arch. We can install your Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants on your upper, lower, or both arches at the same time. While a dentist may make the process look easy, the surgery is a complex procedure that we can complete at an efficient pace. The process of getting Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants can be laid out in four steps:
- The first step: A detailed examination where we will look at your records, existing conditions, whether you have a denture, what your facial structure needs are, and any other factors that may come into play when placing your implants.
- The second step: Typically involves CT scans, which are 3D pictures, of the jawbone. The scans include the positions of the replacement teeth, while also giving us critical information about where the bone sinuses and nerves are located for the implants.
- The third step: Involves creating a computer simulation of the implants, which we digitally position into the jawbone at the appropriate location to give you the most support from your replacement teeth. We can adjust the implants as need be and fabricate your new set of teeth for your needs.
- The fourth step: Finally, the most important step is the oral surgery. During surgery, we will provide you with anesthesia and then place the implants directly into your jawbone to secure your new set of teeth in place.
FAQ about Teeth-In-A-Day™
How long do Teeth-In-A-Day™ Implants Last?
Studies have shown that properly placed and well-cared-for Teeth-In-A-Day dental implants are long-lasting. Advanced technology and experience enable us to give you the very best shot at keeping yours for life!
Is the Teeth-In-A-Day™ Treatment Concept a Good Option for Me?
You may be wondering if you are a good candidate for Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants. There are several factors to keep in mind as you consider restoring your smile with the Teeth-In-A-Day™ treatment concept.
- Missing Teeth: Since the Teeth-In-A-Day™ treatment concept involves a full-arch prosthesis, we must remove any remaining teeth, so ideal candidates have already lost most of their teeth. But, if you do have teeth that are still intact, we can remove them during the implant surgery. Our doctors would be happy to explain the process during your visit.
- Oral Health: As is the case with any surgery, the better your overall health, the quicker the recovery and the lower the likelihood of infection. When considering your oral health in particular, it is important that your jaw has enough bone density and volume because the titanium posts of Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants act as roots for your new teeth and need an adequate amount of support.
- Bone Loss: Even if you have experienced bone loss, we can place implants in a part of your jaw that still has sufficient bone structure. This is typically done without the need for costly grafting and eliminates the need for multiple procedures over a long amount of time. Our doctors can evaluate your mouth and determine the health of your jaw and if Teeth-In-A-Day™ would be best for you.
- Cost: Teeth-In-A-Day™ implants are the most cost-effective way to replace an entire fixed upper or lower set of teeth—an excellent choice for those on a budget.
- Anxiety: Teeth-In-A-Day™ treatment concept is a one-day procedure that requires less surgery than replacing many individual teeth. If you’re a patient who is anxious about dental procedures, this is often your best option as you are asleep during the entire surgery.
What if You Don’t Have Enough Bone for Teeth-In-A-Day™ Dental Implants?
As stated above, if you do not have enough bone to support all 4 dental implants, we can perform a bone graft and try to build up the area with donor bone.
How does Teeth-In-A-Day™ Treatment Work?
Thanks to decades of research and advancement in the latest technology, Teeth-In-A-Day™ teeth replacement is a one-day procedure that takes only a few hours, so the entire process is quite quick.
We understand that getting implants for the first time may sound like a scary ordeal, and much of the fear may be due to uncertainty.
Your comfort is our top priority, so this procedure is performed while you are safely asleep with Sedation. Once you’re sedated, our surgeon prepares your mouth for the implants by removing any remaining teeth as well as any diseased or infected tissue. The implantation process involves inserting titanium posts into your jawbone, usually at least two toward the front of your mouth and two toward the back, aligned so that each evenly anchors the prosthetic denture. After implant placement, the site is thoroughly cleaned and sutured. A laboratory expert will then work with our surgeon to get a perfect impression of your implants so that we can make the customized teeth that will be ideal both functionally and cosmetically. Finally, you will be taken to a recovery room where you can relax as the anesthesia wears off.
We will meet with you periodically over the following three months to ensure your temporary Teeth-In-A-Day™ prosthetic fits perfectly and comfortably. We will check to make sure everything is perfectly healed before the permanent final is placed.
How is the Teeth-In-A-Day™ Different from Dentures?
Glue on the plastic portion of the denture that covers the palate is what holds the denture in place. This affects speech, limits taste, and is bulky and uncomfortable. Additionally, while dentures must be removed for daily cleaning and replaced or regularly reshaped, Teeth-In-A-Day™ treatment concept is a more durable, permanent solution that ensures patients can eat, smile, and laugh naturally and without constraint or fear of slippage.
How Much do Teeth-In-A-Day™ Dental Implants Cost?
In the long run, Teeth-In-A-Day™ dental implants may be your most cost-effective teeth replacement option because they tend to outlast alternative approaches, such as bridges and dentures, by decades. This increased longevity makes them the more affordable choice overall. We offer financing options and go out of our way to help our patients navigate their insurance policies. We want to do everything within our power to ensure you get that smile you’re proud to show off.