Clear braces allow you to undergo orthodontic treatment without the hassle and embarrassment of traditional metal braces. For adults clear braces allow you to correct the imperfection in your smile while still maintaining a professional demeanor.
Why Do You Need Braces?
Orthodontic treatment can give you the straighter smile you have always wanted by correcting issues such as:
- Crooked teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Crowded teeth
It can also prevent the development of dental health issues, such as gum disease, worn teeth, and even migraines, by correcting bite alignment.
Your Options for Clear Braces
With recent advances in modern technology, you have more options than ever before when choosing your clear braces. Dr. Makhoul will listen to your specific concerns about braces and after a thorough examination, recommend the right treatment option for your unique needs and budget. We also offer flexible payment options to ensure that your journey to a more beautiful smile is affordable.
Invisalign® is one of the most popular treatments in invisible braces today. With Invisalign, nearly invisible, custom-made plastic aligners gently move your teeth into the correct position.
Teens and adults alike enjoy these discreet and convenient aligners. The benefits of Invisalign include:
- Clear aligners that aren’t immediately noticeable
- Ability to remove aligners for meals – no limitations on your diet!
- Easy dental hygiene care – you simply remove aligners to brush and floss
- No embarrassment at special events – since the aligners are removable, you can attend a wedding or business dinner without wearing the aligners*
*Remember that for optimal effect, the aligners should be worn about 22 hours a day during treatment.
With Invisalign treatment, you switch out your aligners for a new custom set every two weeks and only visit Dr. Makhoul about every six weeks to receive new sets of aligners and ensure that your orthodontic treatment is progressing as anticipated.
Treatment generally lasts about one year, although if you are a candidate for Invisalign Express®, treatment can be shorter.
Similar to Invisalign, Clear Correct also uses clear plastic aligners to guide your teeth into alignment over time. With Clear Correct, you wear the aligner sets for two to three weeks at a time as directed by Dr. Makhoul. Some patients prefer Clear Correct over Invisalign because:
- Pricing can be less depending on treatment
- Clear Correct customer service is excellent
- Aligners can seem thinner and clearer, making them even less noticeable
- Retainers and follow-up care can be less expensive
Treatment with Clear Correct generally takes about one year, although like any orthodontic treatment, the length of your treatment depends entirely on the complexity of the case based on your unique issues and goals.
Six Month Smiles
Six Month Smiles braces are similar to more traditional orthodontic treatment because they use brackets and wires to straighten teeth. But the tooth-colored (white) brackets and wires blend with your smile to make your treatment hardly noticeable.
Six Month Smiles can be completed in a much shorter timeframe than traditional braces because the treatment focuses on the areas of your teeth that show in your smile. Six Month Smiles is appropriate for patients who are not suffering from bite misalignment, but who simply want to improve the cosmetic beauty of their smile.
Treatment generally takes six months, as the name suggests, but depending on your specific needs, treatment may take slightly less or more time. Even longer cases don’t usually extend beyond nine months.
Which Choice Is Right for You?
The right orthodontic treatment for you depends on several factors including the amount of correction needed, your personal preferences, and your budget for dental treatment. In consultation with Dr. Makhoul, you can discuss all of your options for clear braces, get all of your questions answered, and ultimately make the right decision for yourself.
Retaining Your Beautiful Smile after Orthodontic Treatment
Whichever clear braces treatment you choose, you should be able to enjoy your new smile for years to come if you remember a few basic tips.
- Always wear your retainer as directed. After you are finished with the active phase of orthodontic treatment, you will often be directed to wear a retainer to help maintain the new alignment of your teeth.
- Brush and floss daily. With straighter teeth, dental hygiene should be easier than ever before. Take advantage of the convenience of flossing and brushing your newly aligned teeth. A good daily dental hygiene habit, and regularly scheduled visits for professional cleanings, can help you ensure that tooth decay and gum disease do not take hold in your beautiful smile.
Call Dr. Makhoul in Mission Viejo Today
If you are ready to see how clear braces can improve the beauty and health of your smile, please call Dr. Makhoul today at (949) 596-0296 to schedule your appointment with a gentle, caring dentist.
We welcome patients throughout Mission Viejo and Laguna Niguel, California, and we are ready to help you find your best smile.