Dental crowns are a type of dental restoration that covers the outer portion of the tooth or dental implant above the gum line. The dental crown is permanently affixed to the tooth and becomes the new outer surface of the tooth. Once a dental crown is placed, it is cared for just like a natural tooth. At Makhoul Dentistry, our dental crowns are color matched to your teeth to blend seamlessly with your smile.
Uses for Dental Crowns
Dental crowns are used to restore teeth and even to replace missing teeth. The wide variety of situations that may call for a dental crown include:
- Protecting a broken tooth
- Restoring a worn or misshapen tooth
- To cover a large filling and protect the remaining healthy tooth around it
- As a replacement tooth in conjunction with a dental implant
- To cover a tooth where a root canal was performed
- As a cosmetic restoration for severely discolored or misshapen tooth
- To anchor a dental bridge
To learn more about the benefits of porcelain dental crowns, please call Makhoul Dentistry in Mission Viejo at (949) 596-0296 today. Dr. Makhoul serves patients in Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, and throughout Southern California.