Your teeth are one of the first things that get noticed when you meet someone, so you want to make sure you’re putting your best face forward. Straight, beautiful teeth are all very desirable and can be easily achieved at our dental office. At Makhoul Dentistry, we offer Invisalign® clear aligners so you can achieve straight teeth quickly without metal braces showing through your smile.
Quiz - Is Invisalign Right for You?
To find out more about Invisalign and how it can help you, please contact us today at 949-596-0296.
Find out more about Invisalign:
- How Does Invisalign® Work?
- Why Choose Invisalign®?
- How Do You Brush Your Teeth With Invisalign®?
- Do You Have to Have a Special Diet with Invisalign®?
- How Long Does Invisalign® Take?
- Schedule Your Invisalign® Consultation Today
- Quiz - Is Invisalign Right for You?
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign® works similarly to standard braces. Your teeth will be shifted gently into a new position over a period of time. Instead of having to deal with braces, however, you will simply wear a series of custom-made comfortable plastic aligners. A digital plan is created especially for you to accurately and safely change the alignment of your teeth. As you slowly change aligners, your teeth slowly straighen.
Every two weeks, you will switch to a new set of aligners, and only need to visit our office a few times to check on your progress.
Why Choose Invisalign?
Invisalign clear aligners offers a way to get your teeth straight without having metal in your mouth and on your teeth. The metal from traditional braces can often cause cuts and discomfort in your lips and cheeks, but Invisalign® clear aligners don’t cause any irritation. Many teen and adult patients prefer Invisalign® to standard braces because of the following:
- Invisalign aligners are nearly invisible. No one has to know that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- The aligners are convenient and easy to care for.
- You remove your aligners for meals, so there are no limitations on your favorite foods.
- You can easily brush and floss as you normally would because you can remove your aligners for daily dental care.
- If you have a special event, such as a wedding or an award ceremony, you can remove your aligners entirely. However, for optimal results, you should wear your aligners for about 22 hours each day.
How Do You Brush Your Teeth With Invisalign®?
One of the biggest benefits of Invisalign® when compared to traditional metal braces is that Invisalign aligners can be removed when you eat or brush your teeth. So, in order to brush, floss, and use mouthwash, you simply slide out your aligners. This eliminates the need for the special toothbrushes and floss that you would need with metal braces.
Do You Have to Have a Special Diet with Invisalign?
When you have metal braces on your teeth, you are advised to avoid certain foods that are too sticky, hard, or could get in-between your braces. Invisalign® aligners are removed when you eat so you don’t have to change your diet at all. You are free to enjoy your apples, caramel, and even ice cream without worry that it will pull off your braces or cause sensitivity!
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
The amount of time you will need Invisalign® aligners varies from person to person based upon how crooked your teeth are and how much straightening needs to be done. However, the average amount of time for adults is about 12 months. For teens, the amount of time may be longer and is very dependent upon how crooked your teeth are.
Schedule Your Invisalign® Consultation Today
Are you ready to love your smile? Don’t be embarrassed by your crooked or gapped teeth any longer. Call us at 949-596-0296 today to arrange your Invisalign® consultation with experienced dentist Dr. E. M. Makhoul. Our office is conveniently located in Mission Viejo, and we welcome patients from throughout Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, and the surrounding areas.